Monday, July 22, 2013

First Letter from Washington 7/16/13

Elder Bahr made it to Washington!  For some reason the mail was slow so we didn't get this letter until today (Monday 7/22).  He wrote:

"Well, I made it to Washington this morning.  We got up at 3:00 a.m. and left the MTC at 5:00 a.m.  The airport became missionary central today and employees continuously asked us where we were going and wished us luck.  Only in Utah would people so readily and willingly talk with us.

Today, when I got here, President Bonham was so nice.  He seems like a very friendly and loving man.    Today, we are being oriented to the mission and having interviews with President Bonham.

My P-day here will be on Mondays.  I will get my first new companion tonight and will start tomorrow (Wednesday).

Well, I am here and will see how things go.  Time to get to the job of listening, meeting a companion, and driving to a new area.  It is here and real!  Wish me luck!"

Elder Bahr with President and Sister Bonham

No comments:

Post a Comment